sellmerk [firstname.lastname@example.org] (june 2006)
"sellmerk" <email@example.com (APRIL 2002)
The state is Fla. county is Duval ,Jacksonville is the city. My line of
Sellers from all the info on the net and others research seems to point to
the Virginia settlers who move southern North Caroline then in to South
Caroline where my GGgrandfather Isaac Johnson Sellers was married to Esther
Aruella Dury 7/26/1888 Camden Co Ga.
I will send a file attachment
mom & dad 2001
Children of MICHAEL SELLERS and SUSAN JOHNSON are:
i. SCOVELAND GEORGE WILLIAM JACINTHS5 SELLERS, b. December 05, 1840, NC; d. October 29, 1858, NC.
ii. MICHAEL MARION SELLERS, b. January 04, 1843, NC; d. March 11, 1885, NC.
Notes for MICHAEL MARION SELLERS:
Married Susan Rebecca Johnson Nov 29 , 1839
iii. MARGARET CHRISTINA SELLERS, b. February 21, 1845, NC.
iv. REBECCA SARAH SELLERS, b. July 15, 1847, NC.
v. VIRGINA CARLA SELLERS, b. January 13, 1850, NC; d. December 11, 1862, NC.
vi. TBARTICUS MERCILLIA SELLERS, b. April 08, 1852, NC.
vii. SUSAN LAVINIA SELLERS, b. March 24, 1854, NC.
2. viii. ISAAC JOHNSON SELLERS, b. July 16, 1856, Columbus NC; d. October 01, 1898, Whiteoak, Camden Co. Georgia.
ix. ROSEY MELINDA SELLERS, b. July 03, 1861, NC.
Generation No. 2
2. ISAAC JOHNSON5 SELLERS (MICHAEL4, ELISHA3, BENJAMIN2, WILLIAM W.1) was born July 16, 1856 in Columbus NC, and died October 01, 1898 in Whiteoak, Camden Co. Georgia. He married ESTHER ARUELLA DURY July 26, 1888 in Camden Co. Ga, daughter of GEORGE DRURY and SARA TAYLOR. She was born December 12, 1868 in Tarabough, Camden Co. Ga., and died July 03, 1920 in ?.
Notes for ISAAC JOHNSON SELLERS:
First wife was Mellisa Stokes Married in 1879 had one child Susan
More About ISAAC JOHNSON SELLERS:
Burial: Abt. 1889, Horse Stomp Cem. Ga.
More About ESTHER ARUELLA DURY:
Burial: July 03, 1920, ?
Children of ISAAC SELLERS and ESTHER DURY are:
i. HERBERT SPENCER6 SELLERS, m. SARAH JANE CONNER CONNER; b. Abt. 1917, Duval Co..
ii. SARAH LOUVENIA SELLERS.
iii. ALAMA J. SELLERS.
iv. MARIE LILLIAN ARMSTRONG SELLERS.
3. v. ISAAC MARION SELLERS, b. August 13, 1889, Tarbourgh Camden Co. Georiga; d. March 21, 1973, Duval Co. Fla. St Lukes Hospital.
Generation No. 3
3. ISAAC MARION6 SELLERS (ISAAC JOHNSON5, MICHAEL4, ELISHA3, BENJAMIN2, WILLIAM W.1) was born August 13, 1889 in Tarbourgh Camden Co. Georiga, and died March 21, 1973 in Duval Co. Fla. St Lukes Hospital. He married EFFIE LOUISE COLLINS April 12, 1911 in Georiga, Camden Co., daughter of WILLIAM COLLINS and SARAH OVERSTREET. She was born September 06, 1894 in Baxley, Georiga, and died April 10, 1971 in Duval Co, Jax. Fla. 1714 Prospect St.
Notes for ISAAC MARION SELLERS:
Georgia National Guard Pvt,Co., G.
1st Inf. May 19,1909 to July 23,1910
2nd Wife Gertude Laura Erban married 1971
Will never Probated until 2000 By family Isaac G Sellers and Mildred
More About ISAAC MARION SELLERS:
Burial: March 23, 1973, Duval Co. Fla. Restlawn Cemtery
Notes for EFFIE LOUISE COLLINS:
Will never Probated until 2000 By family IG Sellers and Mildred
More About EFFIE LOUISE COLLINS:
Burial: April 12, 1971, Duval Co, Jax. Fla. Restlawn Memorial Cem.
Children of ISAAC SELLERS and EFFIE COLLINS are:
i. JOSEPH MARION7 SELLERS, b. June 12, 1912, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.; d. March 07, 1961, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co..
Notes for JOSEPH MARION SELLERS:
More About JOSEPH MARION SELLERS:
Burial: March 09, 1961, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.Restlawn Memorial Cem.
4. ii. MARGERIETTE SELLERS KLANDER, b. July 07, 1914, Jacksonville
Florida Duval Co.; d. February 11, 1958, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co..
5. iii. ISAAC GRAYSON SELLERS, b. August 03, 1927, Jacksonville , Fla.
iv. MILDRED ELIZABETH SELLERS, b. October 09, 1929, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.; m. ORLANDO RUSSELL, Abt. 1955, Jacksonville Fla..
More About MILDRED ELIZABETH SELLERS:
6. v. SAMUEL HERMAN SELLERS, b. July 28, 1931, Jacksonville Florida
Duval Co.; d. August 30, 1992, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co..
Generation No. 4
4. MARGERIETTE SELLERS7 KLANDER (ISAAC MARION6 SELLERS, ISAAC JOHNSON5, MICHAEL4, ELISHA3, BENJAMIN2, WILLIAM W.1) was born July 07, 1914 in Jacksonville Florida Duval Co., and died February 11, 1958 in Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.. She married (1) ROBERT THOMAS Abt. 1931 in Jacksonville. She married (2) LOUIS KLANDER Abt. 1940 in Jacksonville Fla.
Notes for MARGERIETTE SELLERS KLANDER:
Two sons by fist marriage John Thomas , Paul Thomas
More About MARGERIETTE SELLERS KLANDER:
Burial: February 13, 1958, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.
Notes for LOUIS KLANDER:
10514 Lovole Dr
Children of MARGERIETTE KLANDER and ROBERT THOMAS are:
i. ROBERT G.8 THOMAS.
Notes for ROBERT G. THOMAS:
95 Browns Cemetery Lane
Tenneessee Ridge, Tenn. 37178
ii. PAUL S. THOMAS.
Notes for PAUL S. THOMAS:
2662 Broward Road
Jacksonville, Fla. 32208
5. ISAAC GRAYSON7 SELLERS (ISAAC MARION6, ISAAC JOHNSON5, MICHAEL4, ELISHA3, BENJAMIN2, WILLIAM W.1) was born August 03, 1927 in Jacksonville , Fla. He married CARITA VONCILE RABB December 08, 1946 in Duval Co Fla, daughter of JAMES RABB and CARITA MCCUTCHIN. She was born January 15, 1928 in Jacsonville Fla.
Notes for ISAAC GRAYSON SELLERS:
Army weather Corp
More About ISAAC GRAYSON SELLERS:
Occupation: NAS Jax
Notes for CARITA VONCILE RABB:
More About CARITA VONCILE RABB:
Occupation: Housewife, Secretary
Children of ISAAC SELLERS and CARITA RABB are:
i. KENNTH GRAYSON8 SELLERS, m. (1) SUSAN ELAINE BLANTON, April 29, 1972, Jacksonville; b. September 03, 1952, Jacksonville; m. (2) RUTH ANN OWENS, March 21, 1981; b. October 07, 1999, Jacksonville Fla.
ii. NANCY JEAN SELLERS.
iii. SUSAN CAROL SELLERS.
iv. DAVID JAMES SELLERS.
v. MICHAEL EDWARD SELLERS, b. March 31, 1954, Duval Co. Jax; m. RHONDA KENT KENT, June 07, 1975, Jax Fla. Duval Co.; b. March 16, 1956, Graceville Fla..
Notes for MICHAEL EDWARD SELLERS:
More About MICHAEL EDWARD SELLERS:
Baptism: Abt. 1964, Trinty Bpatist Church , Jax Fl
Occupation: JEA Retired
More About RHONDA KENT KENT:
Baptism: Abt. 1982, First Baptist Jax
6. SAMUEL HERMAN7 SELLERS (ISAAC MARION6, ISAAC JOHNSON5, MICHAEL4, ELISHA3, BENJAMIN2, WILLIAM W.1) was born July 28, 1931 in Jacksonville Florida Duval Co., and died August 30, 1992 in Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.. He married DOROTHY THOMAS Abt. 1949 in Jacksonville Fla.. She was born March 10, 1931 in Jacksonville Fla..
More About SAMUEL HERMAN SELLERS:
Burial: September 02, 1992, Jacksonville Florida Duval Co.Restlawn Memorial
On 21 Dec 2005 at 14:01, sellmerk wrote:
> Marie and Ray,
> I have been working on this Michael Sellers from NC
> 1. I found in the census record of 1840,pg 4 listed him as head of a
> house under 30 in Columbus Co. NC. with one child under 5 and a wife
> under 30. 2.Then again in the 1850 census record 245 line # 373
> Michael is listed with wife Susan son Scoveland GWF, Michael Marion,
> and daughters Margaret, Rebecca,and a unreadable name. 3.The next time
> I have found his name is in the 1860 census of Horry Co. SC. with Wife
> Susan and children Michael M. Rebecca S. K. Virginia C. Tabthacus M.
> Susan L. Isaac J with ages and listed from NC. 4.Then his next listed
> in the 1870 census record of Conwayboro TWP page 8 # 8075 as Head of
> house hold age 57 Farmer wife Susan age 53 son Tabthacus age 17, Isaac
> J. age 14 and a female Rose M age 8. 5.Additional info a land deed for
> 1018 ac in !859 was discovered in the area called Monroe Stephen which
> is the Floyd TWP now called Floydale SC. The deed is with Thomas A.
> Holmes and Michael Sellers Bk N page 495,628 Horry CO.SC. 6.Also I
> found the Conveyance and Power of Attorney record in Horry Co book R2,
> page 393 of Susan Sellers reference the first deed of Michael Sellers
> land deed buying the land.and other land transaction also listed in
> this book. .7 I have also found his death listed in 1874 newspaper the
> Horry Hearld Nov 7, 1874 Conwayboro. SC This is proves to me that
> Michael Sellers of Columbus Co. NC is my Gr., Gr., Grandfarther and
> the father of Isaac J.Sellers my grandfather, who is the father of
> Isaac Marion Sellers my Grand father, and the father of Isaac Grayson
> Sellers My father. 8 Also Isaac J Sellers inherited some land and
> purchased land from his older brother Michael Marion in Horry Co SC.
> Michael M. then moved to Florida,Astatula and married Louisa E. Gordon
> their children Susan Rebecca, Sarah Francis , Emma Jane I have a
> picture of all three together with other info. 9. The question now is
> who could be Michael Sellers 1812-1874 father? Could it be Elisha
> Sellers 1785-1850 Brunswick NC he was listed in 1830 Columbus Co NC
> census with three boys and three girls the age works for the time line
> but unable to verify. Can you help?
> Michael E. Sellers
The information you have is accurate.
I spent 3 weeks in SC and NC looking at everything I could find on
Michael SELLERS (1812-1874) and found MUCH evidence showing Michael
'bound' to the children in the Elisha SELLERS (1785) family and I
have Michael as son number one. Son number two is George Washington
SELLERS born 1814.
My 2nd great-grandfather in Michael Marion SELLERS that moved to Lake
County, FL and lived in Astatula, FL.
Much of my work is posted in the Sellers list that Marie keeps so
well. She will direct to to this and others work on this SELLERS
PS I would love to have the information on your father and his
family. Your father sits in my database without any information more
than a full name with birth date.
MICHAEL, thank you for up date and copies of new documents.
And Thanks to RAY for helping.
SC info seems to be So hard for us to find or send = Each piece helps us.
BEFORE 1808 COLUMBUS CO, NC was BRUNSWICK CO, NC LAND
I SEE civil war files on
Sellers, M. M. SC Capt. A. W. Cordies Co. Cavalry
Sellers, M. M. 19th Battalion, South Carolina Cavalry D
Which NO one has sent us info on.
I SEE a lot of SC civil war files that may have NC births=Where born is probably on these files! And Family Members documenting! http://www.sellers-sellars-sollars-zellars.net/sccivilwar.htm
I SEE many SC 1812 war files we don't have info on (which may be before your family came, But, we need the info to connect THEIR families) http://www.sellers-sellars-sollars-zellars.net/sc1812.htm
These SC SELLERS lived a mile or two from NC SELLERS = may have been Next Door, just across the LINE!)
Was MARION a family name or a Name of those years = I don't seem to have any info on it?
THANKS for sharing and understanding questions.
Best wishes and Holidays.