Rachel Sellers/Sollers/Solies - NJ?>PA>NY>MI
"Lynn E. Garn" <email@example.com>
I am searching for the parents of Rachel Sellers or Sollers or Solies,
born 1807 - 1813, probably in PA or NJ. I have
conflicting spellings of her last name.
She married Benjamin STEWART/STUART who was born about 1813-1814, probably in NJ. They lived in PA
until shortly before the 1850 census. They lived in Erwin Twp., Steuben Co, NY in 1850 census and moved to
Chester Twp., Ottawa Co., MI, before 1860.
They had the following children, surname STEWART:
1. Sarah Ophelia, born in PA about 1840 - from 1850 census. She married (1) James Gillhespy and (2) Henry J.
2. Alexander H., born in PA May 1841 - from 1900 census. He married Catherine (?) from Tennessee.
3. James K., born in PA about 1845 - from census. Married several times including Nancy Rogers including Gusti
or Gusta Westphal.
4. Andrew J. born Sept 1847 in PA - from census. Married Louise Victor.
5. Cordelia, born 27 Sept 1849 in PA - from census. Married Benjamin Hillard.
6. Charles Ewells, Born 6 April 1851 or 1853, Steuben Co., NY - from family records. Married Mary Elizabeth
7. Mary Jane, born ca. 1854-55 in NY - from census. Married (1) Johathan Housler (2) William Davenport and (3)
LYNN, do you know what county in PA they came from or where Married?
SELLERS from PA in 1850 NY=
Samuel SELLERS 38 PA
James SELLERS 42 ENG,
wife and kids all born PA
These children sure look close to Abraham SELLERS of Adams
Co, Pa - not
We also have a couple members working on MI also,
Any Civil War records ?
perhaps, we can all share some info and help each other. marie, iowa
SUSAN offered MI census and we'll contact her for help/census of ALL
SELLERS there - some others may have went with.
IF you have already copied, please send =
WE don't have much on Adams Co, PA, but, want
you to look at what we
AND, follow/check the links!
AND if Anyone else has ADAMS CO, PA info - please send.
Thanks Lynn, marie, iowa