William Sellers - Nash Co., NC
William Sellers b. abt. 1820 (Age 30 in 1850 census,
Nash Co.,NC, not in
census. There was a lady age 56 named Elizabeth Sellers living with William
and his family in 1850 census, could this be his Mother?)
m. Mary Sherod 24 Aug 1844 in Nash Co., NC.
b.abt 1828 (she was age 22 in 1850 census, age 32 in 1860 census)
1. Joseph J. Sellers b.abt 1847 (age 3 in 1850 census age 13 in 1860
2. Mary Jane Sellers b. abt 1849/50 (age 1 in 1850 census age 11 in 1860
m. William T. Winstead on 16 Sep 1873 Nash Co NC (Nash Co marr. rec.)
3. John C. Sellers b.abt.1850 (age 1/12 in 1850, age 8 in 1860 - someone
forgot when he was born!)
4. Elizabeth Sellers b. abt. 1853 (age 7 in 1860 census)
m. William B. "Tumps" Lindsey (marr. info from marr. lic. Nash Co.,
1. Richard L. Lindsey m. Lou Messer 4 Feb 1900
Nash Co NC
I don't have any more children by Elizabeth and William
Elizabeth must have died young because I show William B. Lindsey
5 Dec 1874 to Rhoda Barnes Gordon
5. Frances Sellers b. abt 1855 (1860 census there was not a Frances Sellers
listed with Mary Sellers. Parents name was on marr. lic. age 19 on marr.
in 1872. Age 25 in 1880 census with husband and children, Josiah, William,
Senora and Iva.)
m. Wiley Neverson Cockrell on 23 Jun 1872 in Nash Co NC ( I have all of
their children if any one wants to know their names. There were 8 children
I connect by way of William Thomas Cockrell, who marr. Mollie Whitley in
6. William R. Sellers b. abt 1855 (age 5 in 1860 census)
m. Mary S. Lindsey on 16 Feb 1873 in Nash Co NC (Nash Co NC marr.
7. Martha Ann Sellers b. abt 1856 (Age 4 in 1860 census. This may be the
ANNA, age 19, that married Cicero Womble age 23 on 18 Dec 1895.)
This was suppose to be a short list!! Would like to know who
parents were and who Mary Sherod's (Sherrod) parents were.