"Debra Mooney" <email@example.com>
I just joined the Sellers mailing list yesterday. My grandfather
Amos. His mother was Mary Jane Sellers and her father was
This is an article from the History of Wood
County. I have pictures of
several of their graves. I thought this would be of benefit
If you have any information from Peter on up, it would be apprecitated
Peter is the earliest Sellers I have as I have not researched this
115 Parkway Street
FROM HISTORY OF WOOD COUNTY, WV
PETER SELLERS FAMILY
My grandfather, Peter Sellers was born in Monroe County, Ohio November
The son of George and Phoebe (Crouse) Sellers. He married
Nancy M. Barton on May 24, 1853 in Monroe
County, Ohio, and on June 5, 1856
they came to make their home in Wood County.
Nancy M. Barton Sellers was born on October 17, 1825 in Tyler
the daugh ter of Enos and Nancy A. (Francis) Barton.
father of Peter was a soldier in the War of 1812.
The children and grandchildren of Peter and Nancy (Barton)
Sellers are as
1. William 5/6/1854-11/27/1928. Married Mary Jane Swain. Children:
(2) Lulu Belle (3) Alice (4) Ella (5)MinnieAnn (6)Montgomery (7)Peter
Franklin (8) Clifford Harrison (9)Mary (10) Katherine (11) Williarn
2. George 3/3/1856-10/30/1905. Married Minerva Grewell. Children:
Charles E. (2) John Garfield (3) Ida
Pearl (4) George
Lawrence (5) Mary Rue.
3. Harriet E. 1/15/1858-6/10/1921. Never married.
4. Enos Francis 12/5/1859-1/23/1923. Married Phoebe Caroline Beckett.
Children: (1) Elsie Mae (2) James Peter (3) Charles William (4)
Edward (5) Ira Francis (6) Infant Daughter (7)Russell Leonard.
5. John Leonard 11/29/1862-8/1/1885. Married Sarah Burdette. Children:
(1)Lucille (2) Leonard.
6. Phoebe Ann 5/31/1864-2/23/1939. Married Solomon Shears. Children:
Infant Daughter (2) Paul S. (3) Peter A.(4) Carroll S. (5) Mark
7. Mary Jane 12/1/1866-10/1/1948. Married James J. Amos. Children
Vaughn (2) P. Everett (3) Susannah (4)Eunice (5) James Lloyd (6)
(7) Alvin (8) Olive (9) Harold Wayne (10) Blaine (11) Richie (12)
8. America I. 6/6/1870-2/18/1953. Married James Franklin Toomey
(1) Harley Hilton (2) Cynthia Ellen.
Peter Sellers died May 12. 1899 and Nancy M. (Barton) Sellers
29. 1902. They are buried in the Sellers Cemetery near Bellville.
My maternal grandparents were James Ransom Beckett (9/l3/l85l-6/l6/l920)
Mary Catherine (Buckley) Beckett (3/5/1849-1/23/1922). They were
of (1) James William Beckett 5/28/l872-l/l3/l948 (2) Samuel Edward
10/25/l873-ll/9/1946. (3) Charles Franklin Beckett 7/1/1876-2/19/1962.
Mary Alice Beckett (Seebaugh) 7/l4/l878-3/l2/l958.
(5) Phoebe Caroline Beckett (Sellers) 3/5/l88l-l2/l3/l962 (6) Infant
Daughter Beckett 7/?/l883-7/?/l883. My maternal great grandparents
William and Caroline (Logston) Beckett and James S. and Susannah
Buckley, all of which were residents of Wood County. Submitted